Thursday, September 20, 2012

Will Today be the Day?

It's hard not to feel discouraged when you are waiting. Today is day 10 since Seth's meds were stopped and we continue to wait. The anxiety increases day by day as we continue waiting and hoping for something to happen so we can move forward. Seth is doing remarkably well, all things considered. We are trying different tactics to try to induce seizure activity and Seth has started working with the recreation therapist as well. The hope is if we create situations that may be somewhat stressful, such as stopping in the middle of a fun activity to complete a less desirable task, this may trigger a seizure. Honestly at this point, I think I would be willing to try almost anything. I can't describe how desperately I want to be able to offer this opportunity to Seth to cure his seizures and not have to go home without the second surgery. Although I don't understand the wait, I have to believe there is a reason, although one we may never know. Maybe today will be the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment