Saturday, September 22, 2012

No News is Not Good News

And still we wait... It seems that everyone here is surprised Seth has still not had a seizure. His EEG continues to show lots of irritability, but nothing has developed fully into a seizure. We are going to try a couple more nights of sleep deprivation to see if that produces desired results, but with each passing minute without a seizure, hope fades a little more.

Seth has done amazingly well through all of this. He continues to be cooperative and has remained his usual easygoing self for the most part. He did start leaking some fluid yesterday, so we are keeping a close eye on this as this could become an infection risk. If the leakage continues, they may go in and drain off some of the fluid that has accumulated.



It has been hard to want something so badly for Seth and to be so close, but yet unable to get there. I suppose I have started grieving a bit for what might not be. Nothing has been lost on this attempt, as we can still come back and try again at another time, although none of us wants to have to do so. While I don't feel ready to throw in the towel quite yet, I know we are nearing the time when a decision will need to be made.


No comments:

Post a Comment