After meeting with Seth's neurologist and neurosurgeon, we have made the extremely difficult decision to have the grids removed. Seth will go into surgery tomorrow to have the grids removed and should be ready for discharge later this week. While Seth is still tolerating the grids fairly well and we could potentially wait another week, the chances that he will have a seizure at this point are very low. We have agonized over this decision and have decided this is the right thing to do for Seth at this moment. While I am sad and so very disappointed, I know that we did everything possible to try to induce a seizure, things that have worked for Seth in the past. I don't understand why these methods didn't work this time, but I have to believe that it was just not the right time. For now, we will allow Seth to heal, grieve what we could not achieve and when the time is right, we will consider the options and whether a second try at surgery is in Seth's future.
No comments:
Post a Comment