Seth and I arrived at the hospital yesterday for admission and were escorted to our tiny home for the week. We met with the nurse practitioner to review history and better understand the plan. Seth then went down to EEG and waited patiently as all 30 electrodes were attached. We returned to his room, where video monitoring was set up and a baseline EEG was completed. Later in the day, we met with the attending neurologist and further discussed Seth's treatment plan, which includes further medication reduction. Below is a picture of the monitoring equipment, which records all of his brain activity and corresponding behavior.
As of now, Seth has been connected to the video EEG for nearly 24 hours with no observable seizures. Medication has been reduced further and they may try sleep deprivation and/or exercise to attempt to induce seizures, although I'm fairly certain that I am sufficiently sleep deprived and may be the one to have the seizure at this point! Neither of us slept well last night - Seth is missing his Dad and I was hyper-aware of every sound and movement he made. Typically when I hear those familiar gutteral sounds that indicate Seth is having a seizure, I get a pit in my stomach and a feeling of dread. How ironic that now I'm hoping against hope that the next sound he makes will be the start of a seizure. Maybe today will be the day.

Sleep deprivation tonight! Stay tuned...
ReplyDelete