We have a follow up appointment scheduled with Seth's neurologist/epileptologist in two weeks and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm anxious to hear what is next and where we go from here. I don't know whether we can move forward without the ictal SPECT, or what new information may have been obtained from his most recent inpatient stay for long term EEG monitoring. I look forward to learning what's to come and am ever hopeful that we are one step closer to seizure freedom for Seth.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Time Marches On
The last couple weeks have been blissfully uneventful on the seizure front. In that time, the school year has ended and summer is off to a good start with graduations and family get-togethers. Seth has been seizure free since Mother's Day and seems to be doing well. Time continues marching on and we are thankful for each day that passes without a seizure. So far this summer, we've had a couple opportunities for swimming at Lake Erie and my brother's pond. Due to the risk of seizure, Seth has to wear a life vest when swimming in murky water. Although this isn't his favorite thing, he has been cooperative and only slightly pushes the limits. I know he doesn't understand the danger, but that's okay. That's my job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome!
ReplyDelete